Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fall 2011 Fashion Trends

I always go to harpersbazaar.com to look at the fashion trends for the upcoming season. With Autumn right around the corner, I thought I would bring you the top fashion trends for the season. 

1. Crimson Tide
Roll Tide Roll Baby!!  This color trend will definitely be an easy one to follow with football season coming up :) Crimson can be the perfect pop of color for any outfit.  My favorite crimson item for the fall is this Red Elephant Elizabeth Ruffle Blouse from Elizabeth McKay.  When you purchase this blouse $100 from the sale goes to benefit the University of Alabama 's Act of Kindness Fund. This fund helps to provide emergency assistance to UA employees and students. Visit emckay.com to find out more.










2. The Clash
The Clash trend is all about mixing patterns.  This is one of my favorite things to do, however I always am self-conscience about doing so.  Lily Pulitzer makes mixing prints effortless. This super cute Kelsi Dress is the perfect way to clash prints for the fall season. Visit lilypulitzer.com for more mixed prints.  













3. Cloak & Swagger
When the weather turns cooler I love to throw on my favorite sweater poncho from Old Navy. I found a new favorite from Ralph Lauren's Lauren Collection, the Zary Lambswool Plaid Pancho. Visit ralphlauren.com to find more great fall outerwear. 















4. Luxury & Demand
The Luxury & Demand trend is all about the fur. You don't have to purchase a real fur jacket to represent this trend.  I found some great faux fur items at one of my favorite stores, Ann Taylor's LOFT.  I love this Faux Fur Collar Cardigan. Visit loft.com for more faux fur.














5. Great Lengths
Maxi dresses were huge for spring and summer, and they are still in for the fall. Long skirts and dusters are definitely apart of the Great Lengths trend as well. I know tradition says no white after Labor Day, but I could not help myself when I saw this gorgeous dress from Lacoste.  This maxi comes from the Lacoste + Malandrino Collection. The Pointelle Dress Maxi is also available in black. Visit shoplacoste.com











6. Suit Yourself

The description is in the title. This super hot trend is all about work wear and fabulous suits for women. One of my favorite places to shop for a well fitted suit is The Limited. Visit thelimited.com for a variety of work wear options.















7. Coat of Arms
I love my winter coats! Every lady needs a statement coat as a staple item in their coat closet. A statement coat could feature a bold color or big buttons. My favorite coat for the upcoming season is Double-Cloth Townhouse Trench from J. Crew. I love the buttons and the color. Visit jcrew.com to see all the colors.











I hope these trends help all my Southern Ladies get ready for the cooler weather! I would love to see pics of y'all wearing these items. :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment